Callbacks in XML-RPC?

Author:Monty Hayter
Posted:2/8/1999; 11:22:17 AM
Topic:XML-RPC and Security

I'm currently working on a project that currently uses DCOM for communication between the client and server sides. We're looking at XML-RPC as a replacement, but have come up against the fact the we depend heavily on callbacks from the server to the client. Anyone have any suggestions beyond keeping a socket connection open and posting all requests in either direction through that? We don't have any control over the routing setup on the server side, so that makes posting requests from the server more than a little awkward.