Re: New Scripting News layout

Author:Nicholas Riley
Posted:2/13/1999; 6:04:09 PM
Topic:New Scripting News layout

The original layout on scriptingnews.com only showed one day at a time. It survives at http://news.userland.com/ which redirects to the current day's page.

I liked that, but now I think about it, being able to see the previous day would be good, especially for people who live in other time zones where the concept of days don't really agree very well. I don't really have any reason to see the last week - I check Scripting News multiple times every day. Since I've got a cable modem at home and DSL at work, the page draws in less than a second and I don't mind. However it is a waste of bandwidth. Perhaps a preference, or a separate bookmarkable URL, for those of us with slow connections or insatiable appetites, to see two days on the page instead of a full week?