Re: Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

Author:Brian V. Hughes
Posted:2/17/1999; 6:08:15 AM
Topic:Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

What is gained is that under this model, Frontier doesn't have to worry about handling the TCP side of things. Basically, this plug-in makes WebSTAR a TCP front-end for Frontier.

Since Frontier's Web Server is written in interpreted code, and WebSTAR is written in fully compiled code, WebSTAR (like IIS on the Windows side) is just much more efficient at brokering the requests. A nice addition is this allows you to use Frontier, behind WebSTAR, as an SSL server.