Re: Experiment

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:2/28/1999; 11:03:23 AM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

In terms of distributing an alternative browser that has xml-rpc vs non support - isn't the target audience a subset of the net anyway - mostly content providers/managers?

The thing you eventually create might not even have to be recognizable as a "browser". It could simply use the base rendering code for reading HTML/XML but have a totally different UI/ feature set. So in this respect it would not have to "compete" with other browsers, because it would instead be a different animal that just had similar features..

Sorry, not to belabour this point. It's just that I'm wanting to offer up additional ideas for folks to think about - not to try to influence anything.

I'm just a lowly web designer who happens to work at netscape - but I'm close enough to be following the cool stuff at mozilla.org and I wanted to say that there is more of a choice about things that what you might have originally thought.

I can understand though how you would feel reluctant to put x amount of work into a feature if it were not destined to be in the "branded" release.

I'm not really the person to talk to about that, I'd talk instead to the top folks at mozilla.org like Brendan or Jamie.