Re: Should we trust Netscape?

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:2/28/1999; 11:14:32 AM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

Also - there is a conference coming up on how to extend mozilla, and the doczilla folks will be there as well:

XTech'99

CiTEC and DocZilla Team will attend XTech'99 Conference on 7.-11. March in San Jose,California. Johnny Stenbäck and Heikki Toivonen will give a 3-hour in-depth presentation on Extending Mozilla (http://www.doczilla.com/news/abs_sanjose.html)and Michael Leventhal will give a conference session presentation Mozilla from the Trenches (http://www.doczilla.com/news/abs_sanjose_mle.html).

A quote from the second link: -------

In particular we are going after the higher end technical information publishers, the kind of users that have been using SGML and XML already and have been implementing linking systems, IETMs, document repositories, electronic review, document workflow, textual databases, intelligent graphics systems and so forth - without all the benefits of standard Web technology. So we will address the wide area of an application infrastructure on top of standard browser technology. AND we are going to have plenty of demos to show how applications can be constructed on that infrastructure.