Re: What are you using as your media warehouse?

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:2/28/1999; 8:11:15 PM
Topic:Comparing two versions of MTTF

We've been through just about EVERY heavy duty storage system - and they divide themselves into the following categories:

- streaming digital video servers

- relational database based systems

- asset management systems

- something else

No we're not using anything but an NT and Frontier right now. You'd be surprised how little is actually working or relevant for all this. EMC seesm to have the best iron nowadays. I've wanted ot try out some of tehs eheavy duty 'web servers' but haven't gotten our hands on it yet.

Either way - there's gonna be a lot of hard drives sold in the future.