Re: DHTML doesn't necessarily need broadband

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:3/2/1999; 1:59:40 PM
Topic:Snappy!

I think that we're confusing terms here. DHTML is just text; it doesn't require broadband at all. It's the graphics (images, video, etc.) that require broadband.

And a cable modem note: we've got one here in southern California, and it's spoiled us rotten. It's a full time fast connection for $40/month.

We're looking at moving to northern California, and bandwidth is a major factor in where we're going to decide to move. No matter how much we love an area or a house, if it doesn't have at least xDSL capability, we won't move there.