Re: Having had broadband for a while...

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:3/4/1999; 1:59:36 PM
Topic:Snappy!

I think it would be more sensible to limit the amount of incoming traffic by charging more for it if you cross a certain threshold.

Exactly. My broadband ISP says you can't run servers because they use excess bandwidth, which is not a logical conclusion. If the purpose is to prevent over-use of bandwidth, say so. Outlawing the symtoms won't cure the disease.

To their credit, however, they don't actually pay anyone to make sure their rules are being enforced...