Re: The technographer's net connection

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:3/5/1999; 3:24:24 PM
Topic:ADSL

Right--all the use I've ever seen out of video conferencing is to look at people who are staring at a screen, blue glow on their features, eyes glazed. Or at peoples forheads as they lean over to peck at the keyboard...

And in client conference calls I've been in, we'd rather not see the client, or have the client see us, sitting round the conference room, feet on the table, eating pizza and rolling our eyes.

However, a live, shared outline is what is hot--it's a visual representation of how we store and organize data--and when people can share that outline, it's serious vulcan mind-melding!

Phil

(P.S. While I'm not big on videoconferencing, I think whiteboards are cool.)