Re: Linux programming manuals

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:3/6/1999; 9:41:24 AM
Topic:DHTML MTTF!

Now, about regions, if they don't have regions, how do they know what part of the windows need updating? In other words, how do they accumulate the information about which parts of the window are dirty?

Ooops! I lied. X does have regions. They're just different. X has XCreateRegion, XUnionRegion, XPointInRegion. But X can't have QuickDraw regions, which are patented.

Still, I wonder if QuickDraw regions could be faked with X regions. Let me find my copy of Inside Macintosh and I'll tell you. This would be a fun hack!