Re: Personal Portals

Author:Paul Nakada
Posted:3/13/1999; 3:06:46 PM
Topic:Personal Portals

thanks for checking it out. concerning bandwidth, one of the things i've found is that after the "honeymoon period" where you use it a lot, and explore it, usage drops down considerably. My bookmark folders rarely get opened or closed once I've configures them for optimum use. the must frequent operation for me is to schedule a calendar event, and even this is just a few times a day. otherwise, i use the bookmarks *a lot*, the search module *a lot*, the news clipper once a day, and of course, i always have a family picture in the picture frame module.

In short, bandwidth is less of an issue once usage becomes driven by need. Not that I don't care about bandwidth, i try to keep images to a minimum, and of course, you can tailor the modules to just the set that are important to you.

You've really hit upon the basis of My Home. A persistent interface to your personal data, available wherever you have a web browser, any web browser, at any speed, running any OS.