Re: Alternate

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:3/16/1999; 11:27:18 AM
Topic:Re> Netscape's legal agreement

I've asked the question about loss of ad revenues on this forum and in several others and haven't heard any solutions yet. As long as I'm writing rules to parse HTML to extract information it's actually easier for me to discard the ads (one less element to look for).

How about something like (all URLs are to my own site and only there as placeholders):

http://www.flutterby.com/adbanners/mmunicate.gif http://www.flutterby.com/ This would let me say "If you want to carry this piece one of the payment options is to show a banner ad, one for every 10 snippets from this stream that you use, and here's the URL to display and to link to".

For those of us who are completely ego driven, rather than an "ad" tag there might be a "credit" tag with a link element and a text element.