Re: Netcenter and non-headline-like links

Author:Jim Correia
Posted:3/16/1999; 1:14:12 PM
Topic:Netcenter and non-headline-like links

The solution is tough. One easy one is to consciously make links understandable out of context. That seems like it's not such a bad idea regardless, but it has its own problems.

Actually, except for the Netscenter issue, I think it makes more sense to have the links make sense in context rather than out. The sentences on today's scripting news read naturally. The fact that there are links in them are an added bonus. It isn't an unnaturaly, mechanical "click here" like break, that we so often see by people who don't understand how to write hypertext.