Re: What to do with my extra NT machine?

Author:Colin Sampaleanu
Posted:3/25/1999; 8:33:58 AM
Topic:What to do with my extra NT machine?

I believe Personal Web Server is on the NT Option Pack. If you are running NT Server it lets you install IIS, and if you are running Workstation or Win98 you can install PWS.

PWS works ok I guess; it has the user limit, and doesn't have all of IIS's capabilities. Unless you need to run Active Server Pages, I just wouldn't bother though, it's faster to install Xitami if you want something fast and powerful that you can install in a few minutes, or alternately Apache if you want every last bell and whistle...