Re: The Cathedral and the Bizaar

Author:Daniel Bushman
Posted:4/2/1999; 11:43:26 PM
Topic:QNX

In the discussion I joined with Eric Raymond. Someone brought up this very senario. Eric replied by saying that open source is not always the answer, and that many in this situation would be fools to try open source.

I found Eric Raymond to be a very articulate and resonable man. I learned a lot about open source, and where it fits, and where it doesn't. I came away with the answers I was looking for.

Dan