Re: Some open questions for Doc Searls

Author:Spencer K. Whetstone
Posted:5/3/1999; 4:07:51 AM
Topic:Linux' wide open spaces

>>But first, could I ask a question? Is CMYK useful to you without color correction?<<

Yes. The context of your question suggests that by color correction you really mean one of the various calibrationist schemes such as Colorsynch. Don't worry about implementing such. They are chimeras. Just give us real CMYK in GIMP so that when I KNOW that the sky has too much magenta and yellow in it, I can move a magenta and and yellow curve. Print is a CMYK world. Give the pixel pushers in pre-press shops a better than Photoshop multiprocessing application (which MUST include CMYK) that doesn't require NT and watch the Linux boxes sprout like mushrooms.