Re: Forcefull relocation (was Re: Idiots are everywhere)

Author:Dave Winer

Dave, I can't believe you're talking about relocating people against their will. What happens if the state of California decides to eradicate by murder every Jew within their borders. We're talking about you and me now. Next, someone goes on the radio and says, dear Jews of California, let's relocate you to some desert in Utah where you can live the next 10 years on these $40K we're gonna give you.

Jacob, be more careful please. You can't believe what? You go off on a flight of fancy based on a vague statement that isn't responsive to anything I said. Discuss as if you were debugging a program. You'd get nowhere fast using these techniques in software. Put a printf statement in there.

They're being expelled against our wishes and against their wishes. I am not forcing their relocation. Your message is very disturbing. I would hate to be forced to relocate. But if I was forced to relocate, I'd hate even more fearing for my life. I don't like sleeping in the rain in my own shit. As humans, we can't stand by and watch that happen and do nothing. Those are my values, by the way, not everyone's.