Re: Run Linux and Windows at the same time

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:5/4/1999; 1:02:18 PM
Topic:Run Linux and Windows at the same time

Vmware does the same sort of thing that Sheepshaver on Be for PPC does with the macos. It creates a machine interface for a copy of an operating system that runs natively on that hardware. It so happens that that machine interface is running in another OS.

I took a shot at VMware (NT on linux host) a little while ago, but NT never came up after the install It just hung in the boot sequence. I didn't take too much time to track it down. I know that there are people using it to run a second linux system for development purposes.

eric