I did the deed!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/11/1999; 4:03:33 PM
Topic:Installing RedHat 6.0

I'm no longer a Linux virgin. I actually installed it myself with a little phone support from Bob Bierman (the video part was tricky) and now I have a Linux server running on http://206.204.24.10/ otherwise known as http://linux1.userland.com/ (Brent, please update the DNS for this.)

I am very excited! I still don't know how to use the damned thing. I wish it was more like Windows. OK. Now I'm over that. (Not really.)

The next thing I'd like to do is figure out how to access the machine from my NT desktop so I don't have to go over to the other side of the room. I understand that X-Windows will allow me to do this?

I have a lot of reading to do, but I feel like I'm over the conceptual hurdle. I actually did the install and I'm quite pleased with myself.

Diggin!