Re: Discussion group interface troubles

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/12/1999; 7:10:06 AM
Topic:Discussion group interface troubles

2) When I navigate from Discuss: Home Page to Discuss:Top Level Topics via the List Topics link at the top of the page and then navigate through threads, it's tedious to get back to Dicuss: Home Page. I can press the Back button on my browser a bunch of times or edit my browser URL back to discuss.userland.com, but these actions interfere with my flow. Would it be worth it to add a "Discussion Home Page" link to the menu of links at the top of discussion pages?

You can always get back to the home page by clicking on the big Discuss link to the left of the title of the page.

If this doesn't do what you want, please explain. If the problem is that it wasn't obvious, we can fix the problem by adding a Home link to the navbar at the top.

I need to know which is the problem. Is the link you need missing, or was it obscure and you didn't find it?