Re: IBM's XEENA on Mac

Author:Nicholas Riley

Make sure you drop all the class "jar" files in the "lib" directory on top of the list box in JBindery for adding to the classpath. Also, if you used StuffIt Expander to unarchive the .tar file, make sure you have Mac CR/LF translation turned off in the options dialog box ("Never") because it tends to mangle jar files.

Also, there's a problem - the new version of Xeena (since I took that screenshot in early May) tries to use the platform-dependent look and feel. So supposedly it'll look a bit like a Mac on the Mac. The Mac PL&F isn't included with the Xeena distribution, so you need to download it directly.

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/download.html

I've put up a Mac JBindery shell including the missing "mac.jar" (all you need from the download above) at:

http://alexandria.invantage.com/~nicholas/XeenaMac.sit

Unstuff the two files into the 'Xeena' folder, and double-click the Xeena icon. There are some bugs in the Mac PL&F (not Apple's fault, but Sun's) - it should mostly work though.

--Nicholas