Re: someone's trying to patent dynamic website generation:

Author:Alan German
Posted:5/24/1999; 3:30:33 PM
Topic:someone's trying to patent dynamic website generation:

Serving web pages from multiple computers in a "cluster" doesn't obscure the fact that this is probably just what we used to call "distributed computing". I think that concept's been around longer than InfoSpinner. I remember sitting in a classroom at DEC headquarters circa 1982 and hearing about this and I don't have any idea if they had a patent or even if the idea was patentable.

OTOH, a wise person once told me "It doesn't hurt to ask. The worse they can do is say no (or slap you across the face)! Who knows? You might get lucky!"