Re: Weblogs == HTTP logs?

Author:Steve Bogart
Posted:5/28/1999; 12:21:14 PM
Topic:Weblogs

I've seen that complaint on slashdot too...

My answer is, you're right.

Just like 'spam' is meat, 'finger' refers to a digit on your hand and 'windows' means glass panes you see out of.

This is an overload of the word with a new meaning. It seems to have caught hold. What's the big deal?

The word isn't even a trademark like spam was; Hormel didn't like the new meaning we've all come to accept, but they haven't been able to stop it either, because it's a very useful new meaning.

Who will prevent this new use?

Is 'weblog' someone's trademark?

And do you have a better word in mind that is as clear and concise?