KISS : keep it simple stupid

Author:Benoit Cazenave
Posted:6/2/1999; 4:05:12 PM
Topic:Scripting News Bulletins via Email

The email address being the userID bothered me immediately when the discuss software came out. I thought it was really low tech and quite unsecure. But as time goes by I have understood that it is very much like Frontier itself : not perfect, not always done by the 'rules', but very, very powerful and adequate. Power is the important word here. I don't like replicating a database to get multi-user features, but I couldn't live without the power of Frontier's suites tailored for the web. I thought my email wasn't secure as a userID for a message board... but the power and information I get make me forget ! ... and the truth is nobody really cares ! This is a community, people get to know each other, impersonation is nearly impossible.

Focus, is what is important !