Re: Adding half-hourly scheduler tasks the elegant way

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/3/1999; 9:06:39 AM
Topic:Adding half-hourly scheduler tasks the elegant way

Is it reasonable to add a halfhourly entry to the tasks object in user.scheduler? If I autoupdate Frontier.root will that get overwritten?

It absolutely is reasonable and no it will not get written over in an update. Anything in the user table belongs to you and we will not update it. If we ever do, slap us with a wet noodle. That rule is hard and fast. No updates in the user table.