Re: In the beginning...

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:6/9/1999; 11:14:28 PM
Topic:In the beginning...

Dave,

*Thank you* for putting Neal's text here. (And thank you to Walter for announcing it here) I wouldn't have found the energy to download it if you hadn't.

Nor did I find the energy to leave this page -- until I had read the whole damn thing.

Now I know what a Snow Crash is! (I've got his book, maybe I'll read it now?)

Ironically, Neal Stephenson was on a local (Vancouver) TV show on Monday... it was the first time I had ever seen or heard him, though I had heard OF him.

He looked like a programmer. He talked like a programmer! Ah-hah! He IS a programmer! (Phew, the world makes sense again)

Jim

PS: I have a Euro-car, station wagon, M-1 and a Batmobile running in one room!