Re: Group clinic for new webloggers?

Author:Aaron Straup Cope
Posted:7/10/1999; 11:54:33 AM
Topic:Group clinic for new webloggers?

Why not allow for user specified templates? Prompt the user for the URLs of a header and footer document, slurp them into a database and then use them to render the content. Userland could still add its own header or footer information on every weblog page.

Backing up a bit to the issue of teaching people to use Frontier or simply providing them with a web interface :

I guess I have agree that the crux of a weblog is the writing-style and the content. That said, I recently graduated from art school where "new media" is all the rage these days. One problem is that the only thing student are taught in (most) art colleges are what applications can do and not how they do it. Meaning: if PhotoShop can't do it out of the box, they're up the creek.

PhotoShop is probably a bad example, since it is such an enormous piece of work, but I'd like to cast my small vote for teaching people to understand the tools they're using.