Re: What is a weblog?

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:7/12/1999; 9:05:03 AM
Topic:What is a weblog?

What's missing from the story is "Why would I want to have a weblog". It's obvious to you and me, but probably gets lost for the novice, in the technical details of how it works.

Also: I consider www.scripting.com to be "the home page" so I was confused initially by the language "your links will appear on the home page the next time it is refreshed". I hadnt noticed that I was going from www.scripting.com to my.userland.com (even though it is marked clearly on the page) so I expected *MY* links to show up on scripting news..