Re: Letter to the Editor of Wired

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:7/30/1999; 2:39:38 AM
Topic:Letter to the Editor of Wired

The implication is that the only market that matters is the one that you and Dvorak represent. And _that_ is a bunch of crap...

amen to that...

fwiw, I'm gonna buy one as soon as the price drops a little (making it my first Mac). I don't care a second if the Dvoraks or Harrises of the world thinks that disqualifies me as a "sane professional" (though I'd prefer if they looked at my work rather than my equipment when making those judgements).

on the other hand, my wife doesn't really like the looks if the new iBook. go figure.

(btw, didn't Dave plug Alan Cooper's must-read The Inmates Are Running The Asylum a while ago? looks to me as if Apple is successfully applying Alan's "goal directed design" approach on a group of "personas" that for the moment doesn't happen to include Dvorak...)