Re: Cringely's on to something here!

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:7/30/1999; 12:07:46 PM
Topic:Cringely's on to something here!

If you can get to the email via pop, it's possible.

Or more generally, if you can define programatically how to get to the email over a tcp connection, it can be done pretty easily.

In fact, I'm my sister is using the mailserver that way right now. The process uses parts of my mailserver and parts of Alan German's tcpcmd for the pop retrieval part. I'm working on integrating it to the mailserver so that it's just a configuration thing, an enable switch + specifications for the external account host, username, and password.

eric