Re: Deadly Tornado Hits Salt Lake

Author:Geoff Allen
Posted:8/13/1999; 7:35:09 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I used to live in Pocatello, Idaho (a bit north of SLC, similar climate and terrain, and where a tornado (which "never" happens there) hit earlier this year). I liked the comment I heard on the radio from a University of Utah professor. He said he was driving along, saw the tornado, and thought, "That looks like a tornado! But we don't get tornados here, so it must be something else."

I now live in Moscow, Idaho (just at the start of the panhandle). We don't get tornados here, either, but there's a thunderstorm brewing outside. Hmm........