Re: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

Author:K.C. Winstead
Posted:8/15/1999; 12:56:52 PM
Topic:Deep Linking

Most home pages I read on a regular basis are ones I discoverd after following a deep link from an unrelated web page, an e-mail newsletter or a newsgroup message.

There are two things I hate when I click on a deep link:

1. a supposed deep link that takes me to a home page instead of the content I clicked for (usually an asp with no obvious path to the "real" info that lead me there), and

2. a deep link to a page that does not have an obvious path back up the site's hierarchy (in case I want to get the "big picture.")