Discuss.userland is an open sourced book

Author:Tommy Sundström
Posted:8/25/1999; 9:45:26 AM
Topic:Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

One of the ideas with open source is that instead of writing (all of) the software yourself you engage the users to do the work.

In this aspect discuss.userland.com is an example of an open sourced book about Frontier (and associated subjects). Userland provides the space, some rules and are active participants, but most of the content is written by users.

Combined with the search engine the result is one of the most useful books on Frontier you can find. I actually find more answers to my questions in discuss than in docserver.