Re: Dave's Reply

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:9/1/1999; 8:57:19 AM
Topic:130 RSS newsfeeds from Moreover.com

*grin...* Thought there might be a DaveNet in the offing...

OK...my question. I'll be explicit...(it's either a reality distortion field, or a VERY complex threaded discussion...*grin*)

1) In this message you say...

"but when you explain why I should like your scraping my site, that's plain disrespect. I'm right here. Please ask. Thanks for listening."

The way I read that, you were asking him to ask you whether or not you like your site being scraped.

2) In this message (a response within the same thread) Ian explicitly asks the question...

"Why don't you like your site being scraped? We use the scripting news RSS file and scrape the discussion group."

3) In this message (later message within the same thread) I asked if/when you were going to respond...

"You asked Ian to ask whether or not you like your site being scraped. He has. Where's your reply?"

How's that?

Admittedly, Ian assumed the negative; rather than asking you whether or not you liking the DG being scraped, he asked why you didn't like it.

I'll be interested in reading your reponse, in DaveNet or in the thread! This stuff is tangled, isn't it? Scrapings, and postings, and channels, oh my!! *grin*

Ken