Re: Desktop.com

Author:Robert Occhialini
Posted:9/22/1999; 9:34:28 AM
Topic:Desktop.com

I downloaded VNC and configured the server on both a Mac and a Win NT box just now. I then logged into my Macintosh with my Windows 98 box then logged into my NT box with the Macintosh. It worked!! I am controlling a third computer through the connection to the second one.

The Macintosh viewer seems faster and more stable than the viewer for Win32. I get almost as much responsivness using the Macintosh to control NT that I get directly sitting at the NT box(Over a 10baseT ethernet connection on both machines).

I'm posting this controlling my Mac from my Win98 machine. I wonder a little about security. Any thoughts on this?