Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/2/1999; 11:59:46 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I think the thing to realize is that mind share (and the spot on Linux CD-ROMS it brings) is a bottom-up phenomenon in the Linux world much more that it is with Windows and Mac. And I think it's coming along very nicely.

That's excellent! Everyone seems to be doing their jobs. This is very good.

BTW, the meeting with Dale yesterday was incredible. O'Reilly is in position to work with us in a lot of different directions. Win-win-win!

Also be aware that Microsoft has made an invitation too. I want to help them. SOAP should be part of this flow of ideas as well. I want to do it differently, without any desire to negate Microsoft's power, I want to embrace what they do and accept their offer at face value. Microsoft keeps saying they want other development platforms to embrace SOAP. Let's do that. Then people can stop posting Us vs Them articles on Linux.Com, or when they do that (can't stop people from being paranoid) we can gently point out that their views are out of date. It is so damned simple, we just have to accept their offer.

Step one is to deploy XML-RPC everywhere possible. Step two is to deploy SOAP.