Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Paul L. Bruno
Posted:10/13/1999; 2:07:37 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Yeah! But I doubt Buckner wants to acknowledge that. He had a fine career, 3,000 hits, but will forever be remembered for one play.

Met's/RedSox was '86, in '88 the Mets lost to the Dodgers in the NLCS (after beating them 11 out of 12 in the regular season) -- let's hope the Mets surprise Atlanta the same way!

There was already a little of that Amazin' magic just getting in to the playoff for the wild card after a horrendous losing streak -- the winning run scored on a wild pitch to end the regular season.

This infield is so special! In the loss last night, they turned a double play -- Alfonso flipped to Ordonez who barehanded and threw on to first -- that was sensational -- but if you've been watching them play every day, they do this kind of thing two or three times a game. It is such a JOY to watch. They do it with such ease yet it is not routine. I find it much more entertaining than the inevitable pummelings dished out in the Bronx. Not that there's anything wrong with what the Yankees do.

LET'S GO METS!