Re: Linux Journal, Slashdot and SOAP...

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:10/19/1999; 10:47:37 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Those are pretty uninformed journalists, for the most part (I hestitate to use the word "stupid", but you gotta wonder...). I agree, there are certainly a lot of mindless rantings from slashdot. A good, balanced POV?? Hmmm...well, I can probably think of a few pretty fair ones, at least. They may be biased somewhat towards Linux/OSS, but are certainly not inflammatory.

Oh, and on a totally unrelated topic: I noticed that I (and Seth Gordon...I caught that, Seth! *grin*) was having problems emphasizing text (into italics) with , and wondered how people were doing it until I went to the help page and noticed that is not supported, but is. It's your site, and up to you, of course, but I'd suggest adding and/or [replacing with] . It's really the more appropriate markup tag, since it denotes structure...(see this citation from HTML 4.0 Reference

The I element suggests that text be rendered as italic text. In most cases, use of a phrase element such as EM, DFN, VAR, or CITE is more appropriate since these elements express the meaning of the text more clearly.