Re: A question for Apache gurus

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:11/4/1999; 11:26:07 AM
Topic:A question for Apache gurus

On my site I don't use .htaccess files for redirects. Instead, I compiled Apache to include mod_rewrite, and I specify all the redirects in my httpd.conf file.

Much easier to manage one, central, configuration file than zillions of them scattered about the system.

I've also set up redirects using Zope, and I much prefer Zope for that sort of thing. Simpler. Zope is also faster than Apache.