Re: An answer for Apache newbies

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/5/1999; 2:22:27 PM
Topic:A question for Apache gurus

On a Unix system, the file system access is very fast, so the performance hit is only important on high volume sites. But I think scripting.com is one of those sites!

I don't think it's a problem. There's no .htaccess file in the root folder, and it's the one containing the only file that gets any number of hits. Most of scripting.com contains redirect files that are falling out of use.