Re: new log: The 259 Diaries

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:11/8/1999; 6:22:51 PM
Topic:new log: The 259 Diaries

I think this is fan-tas-tic!

Thanks, Dave!

What hardware are you serving it on? Seems very fast.

Netcraft: www.redmonk.net is running Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) PHP/3.0.12 on Linux

Actually http://www.redmonk.net is a static site hosted by llamacom.com. I do all the work in frontier and then ftp it to Llamacom. I rolled my own micro-cms, based on Userland datastructures (calendar + stories), because news.root was a bit too hairy to sync between my work machine behind a firewall and a dial-up account at home.

Llamacom's been great. You get an admin site, any number of email aliases, a pop account, some .cgi access. All for $6.95/Mo. and the domain registration.

I think you should do an XML version, maybe if there are a hundred other "slow sites" we could do a special page that you'd check once a year. We could even connect it up to MailToTheFuture somehow. Just thinking out loud. Anyway.

I'll hook it up. This site took me 3 hours in Frontier, including design time. I love Frontier.

Congratulations on a very interesting site Steve!

Yippee!

--Steve