Re: XML-based Frontier/Manila Outline Export Format?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/11/1999; 6:19:24 AM
Topic:XML-based Frontier/Manilla Outline Export Format?

John, when we send outlines we just send tab-delimited lines ended with carriage returns. Unless you're sending across attributes on a per-headline basis, this works great. Right now our outliner doesn't support so many attributes that it makes a lot of sense to come up with a fancier format. Low-tech is best. This way people can edit outlines with BBEdit and Emacs.

BTW, Manila is spelled with one L. ";->"