IBM, XML and Java

Author:John Brewer
Posted:11/12/1999; 3:12:17 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Sun may own Java, but IBM has licensed the hell out of it. When you think about it, with 4 different corporate hardware architectures (OS/390, AS/400, RS/6000 and Wintel), IBM is one of the few companies for whom Java is a complete no-brainer.

One of the best-kept secrets in the Java community is that IBM has the best Java VM for Windows, (and, possibly, Linux as well, but I can't vouch personally for that).

And this week, as I dive into XML for JeraWorks, I've started playing with IBM's XML Parser for Java. I haven't delved deeply into it, but it seems like a world-class implementation. And you can't beat the price.