Pokémon.Com?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/17/1999; 5:14:16 AM
Topic:CallTheShots.com

I'm looking forward to the day when I understand the business models.

The buzzword in the valley financial circles these days is "monetize". How do you monetize that service? Note that monetize is not the same thing as revenues or even profit, which used to be the guide for valuing a business.

I had a scary thought, what if something comes along to replace the Internet as the darling of day-traders? What if it's Pokémon? How will it feel to be an Internet entrepreneur when every stock with Pokémon in its name gets stellar market caps? Maybe there won't be a crash or recession when the Internet bubble bursts? Maybe the day-traders will just move on and get excited about something else?

http://www.pokemon.com/