the editthispage experience

Author:Piefke 3000
Posted:12/6/1999; 2:20:23 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

www.editthispage.com -- what a wonderful gift!

in just an hour i tried to reproduce a website we, some folks in austria, are running at the moment. big success! the result is at http://popo.editthispage.com/, the original is at http://www.popo.at/schloegln/. still a lot of differences, but we are on the way.

this is so great.

however, i have two big wishes:

1. internationalization.
there are a few things i do not feel able to change for language-specific demands. e.g. the byline format is in english, no matter which version i choose. the member box always says "members" and "signup" etc. i would like to have "mitglieder" and "registrieren" there, for instance...

2. more customization
i feel the need to change the look of specialities like the member box or the calender in detail. i think someone else here already made the point of making css classes available for those elements. if you compare the two sites, you'll find arrow gifs in the left navigation of the original. how could i do that with editthispage.com?

anyway, congratulations. this is exciting and gorgeous!