Re: ISP using Manila!

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:12/17/1999; 12:41:22 PM
Topic:ISP using Manila!

Here's a dream - userland uses some algorithm to determine the number of other manila sites which syndicate my content. I get a small amt for that, which, if I'm making compelling enough content, pays for my monthly subscription fee.

If I lapse in my fee, dont take down the site if others are using the content, just disallow the admin access, for some set time.

I have mindspring auto charge me per month for internet access. Manila should be able to do the same.

Any chance of some kind of marketplace for content or for services? Say I know manila really well, I might become a contributing member to say 4 other sites and be able to get a small fee for that...

In terms of raw cost per month - perhaps it should be some percentage of the cost of buying it outright.

Hahah! Rent to own Manila! If I pay my subscription for 1 year I get a full copy of manila :)