Re: ISP using Manila!

Author:Jeff Imig
Posted:12/17/1999; 1:07:42 PM
Topic:ISP using Manila!

<<<< About pricing, amen to that. I think we'll have a better idea about that after taking a bit of a break over the holidays to regain perspective. The more information people could share about what it would be worth to them, the better. >>>>

Let's see... I pay about $7.50/month for AOL via tcp/ip. I already have websites all over the place. The ability to have others work on them as well would be really useful.

I have sites running Manila at work... can't really use those for the fun things I want to do at magic.EditThisPage.com ... I'ld like to publicise this to my Magic friends, but hate to if it's going to go down in a month.

If I were going to run a business off it, I'ld expect to pay more, but I might want SSL & all that stuff, or at least have it available.

I think for personal fun use $20/month might be the most I'ld be willing to go. Would really much more like to have an actual server sitting somewhere, running Frontier. With full access, ftp, mail, Timbuktu, etc.