Re: Can't call it the web if it's not HTTP

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/19/1999; 9:18:43 AM
Topic:How to start WAPping

I believe that WAP is doing just that. A couple of days ago, I used Nokia's WAP toolkit (to simulate the phone) and started serving WML pages. Repurposing my current data pulled from my database, it took me 10 minutes. Cool! I hadn't even looked at the WML spec before. Even cooler!

Show us how to do it!

Can I have a URL I can access thru HTTP?

That should nail it. Once I see one of the files I can mimic what it does. But if it's not HTTP I can't see it so I can't even start.