Re: Serving websites from roots in the www folder

Author:Jason Levine
Posted:12/19/1999; 1:21:23 PM
Topic:Serving websites from roots in the www folder

To expand on my own post -- I just discovered that the manila.sites table is VERY powerful. I can also put a filespec into that table, and then reference it as a base-level folder in my URLs.

Thus, if I have a cell named "hires" in my manila.sites table that points to G: (as a filespec, and with the backslash quoted), then URLs of the type http://the.computer.com/hires/ actually point to that filesystem; I can reference any file ON that drive.

AWESOME.