Mobility!

Author:Jussi Haro
Posted:12/21/1999; 1:28:07 AM
Topic:How to start WAPping

>I imagine the next thing is going to be a >keyboard and a larger screen.

Nope! The whole thing with the phones is mobility. Easy mobility. I can type in an SMS anywhere because the device is small enough that it doesn't require any space and I don't need to set it up. I'm sending SMS's in trams and while walking on the street.

If you're worried about keyboards due to speed of writing, try one of the newest Nokia phones. It's got "predicting writing input", something that's a little hard to explain but that speeds up writing by couple hundred percent. And if writing with the number keys feels slow to you now, try to think how fast you were before you learned how to type real fast with the qwerty keyboard you got. With cellphones, there's a learning curve but you get a lot faster as time goes by.

Anything about the document you want confirmed or more data of? I live here (in Finland, that is).

sulka